Here in our new post on how to link pan card to aadhar card. here you will get all the details to link pan card to aadhar card. linking pan card to aadhar card is very important. and required by income tax department. if you file income tax return mentioning your aadhar card number is compulsory now. THE income tax department has made a provision for assesses to link their pan card to aadhar card on the E-filing portal.
1. ONLINE linking of pan card and aadhar card – one need to login to I-T department’s e-filing website at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/, only registered users can login into the website, if you are a new user kindly register first on e-filing website. with some basic details such as pan card, name and date of birth.
Check your cibil score for free
2. Fill out the form– once you logged in-to the e-filing website, you need to go to profile settings tab and from a drop down menu CLICK ON LINK AADHAR , A form will be displayed. fill out that form.
3. Details – fill out your correct details in the form you need to enter date of birth, name ,gender, as per the pan details , your aadhar number and name as per aadhar card records, submit these details by entering the text in captcha code appearing on the screen
4. Confirmation – After completing the above steps a confirmation will be asked , a success message will be displayed on screen confirming the aadhar and pan card linking, a confirmation email is also sent on the assessee email id .
5. Points to be noted – Once Aadhaar-PAN is linked, one can e-verify the IT return using Aadhaar if the mobile number is registered with Aadhaar database.
If the name in Aadhaar does not exactly match with the name on PAN, you need to additionally provide Aadhaar OTP or EVC to proceed with partial name match
CLick here to go to E-filing official website